Saturday, January 8, 2011

Update 1/8

Just a quick update on Jessica...She is still in the PICU, but her breathing has really improved and the 4th floor is looking very close! Today they had to reinsert the drainage tube into her cancerous lung. It was not draining the fluid and they are hoping that with it properly draining she will be more comfortable. They did another ct scan and although the tumor is responding to current treatments, due to the size of the tumor, the oncologist has decided to start treating Jessica with a more aggressive type of chemotherapy. The tumor in her lungs is the size of an orange. The main tumor in her kidney is much bigger. The type of chemotherapy they are adding is much stronger and will mean more frequent visits and monitoring at PCMC. Chandra and Cody are positive and feel really good about this new treatment. Cody and the kids are up from St.George and they were all thrilled to be reunited with their Mom, Jessica, and Jacob.

My sisters in St.George told me the fundraiser/yard sale was a huge success! They will be posting pictures soon. It is amazing to see all of the people coming together for sweet Jessica.

Amelia (Chandra's sister)

5 comments:

  1. when you start to put pictures up email brianne.gentry@gmail.com and i will send you back some. i have a really cute one of isacc lloyd selling his gum balls for jessica(: thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so so much for keeping us informed. Let them know that we continue to pray for all of them and love them so much! The Brunson Family

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a brave little fighter! She is in all of our prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for keeping us updated, Amelia and Lydia. We're praying for Jessica and your family. My little girl, Ella, never forgets to include Jessica in her prayers. She remembers playing with her this past May and hopes she gets to go home to her family soon. Please tell Chandra my heart is with her.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad I found this blog. I actually heard about this at my in-laws ward during Christmas break in Idaho where we were visiting from Virginia. Although I don't know your family, I have been heartsick and have kept them in my prayers. So I was excited when I randomly saw a link to this blog from one of the craft sites I visit because I have been wondering how Jessica is doing. Thank you so much and I will keep on praying.

    ReplyDelete